Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Acceptance Day 6 of 7

I woke up today with a "let's do this" attitude. That's what I told myself to get myself going, not only with the Hunger Challenge but my own tiredness from a short night's sleep. It was also the first morning that I woke up without a headache or feeling fuzzy in my head, take that caffeine and sugar addiction!



I ate very basic today and didn't think too much about it. I finally accepted that this was what I could have, when leading up to today I was thinking about what I couldn't have, feeling sad that others didn't have, etc. It's that whole stop looking at what you don't have and start appreciating what you do have.

Coworkers and friends continue to give me food. My office mate had a box of peanut butter granola bars that she offered that I passed on, and my friend/owner/boss at the boxing gym gave me a tangerine that I will eat tonight or tomorrow, some leftover chips (I told her I had to count them but she said since they were already open, and leftover, that they'd go in the garbage if I didn't take them) and a yummy chocolate bar that I will save for after the Hunger Challenge. She said that the tangerine was this month's bonus, so it's actually a part of my pay. Since I've been coming in under the $4.72 almost everyday, I figured if I charged myself or not that I'd still have wiggle room.

During my workout tonight I had less energy than normal, probably from fewer calories. I haven't been able to tell if my overall tiredness is related to no longer self medicating with caffeine/sugar, or if the fewer calories are causing me to be tired. I am going to bed a little earlier and when tired, instead of caffeinating myself, so that's a positive thing I think.

Food for the day: Oatmeal, banana, 2 cups of tea, zucchini, beans, rice, whole wheat pasta with spinach tomato sauce, broccoli, leftover chips. $3.65 spent today

No comments:

Post a Comment